These 18 Brands Of Lipstick Are Full Of Cancer-Causing Heavy Metals
Companies that produce makeup and other personal care products profit billions of dollars from their sales annually.
As new products arise every single day, they hit the shelves before the United States government tests them.
Therefore, even if you are struggling to consume drinks and foods free of chemicals, and use toxin-free household cleaners, you might still be exposed to such negative influence, from the makeup you use.
Have you ever thought about reading the labels of your makeup products, like your shampoo, lipstick, deodorant, and other personal care products? Apparently, they are loaded with various chemicals.
Namely, the application of lipstick several times daily might expose you to high amounts of lead, which might be ingested or absorbed through the skin.
If you apply lipstick a few times a day, each day, you could be ingesting high amounts of lead over the course of your lifetime. Chemicals aren’t just ingested.
Another study conducted in Canada showed that 51% of the analyzed products contained cadmium, which is a known carcinogenic material. It has been found in breast cancer biopsies.
The major concern is that these metals do not cause severe side-effects right away, but the issues develop over time and raise the risk of reproductive disorders, cancer, and numerous health issues.
The following list contains the lipsticks you should avoid at all costs:
- Avon Beyond Color (#558 Mad for Mauve),
- Revlon Super Lustrous Peal (#643 Satin Plum)
- L’Oreal Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor (#748 Heroic),
- Maybelline Color Sensational (#125 Pink Petal),
- NARS Semi-Matte (#1005 Red Lizard),
- CoverGirl Queen Collection Vibrant Hues (#580 Ruby Remix),
- L’Oreal Colour Riche (#410 Volcanic),
- Maybelline Color Sensation (#475 Mauve Me),
- NARS Semi-Matte (#1009 Funny Face),
- L’Oreal Colour Riche (#165 Tickled Pink),
- Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer (Toffee),
- Stargazer Lipstick (#103c),
- Revlon Matte (#009 Fabulous Fig),
- Sonia Kashuk Luxury Lip Color (#27 Mauvey),
- L’Oreal Endless (#530 Mauve Amour),
- Revlon ColorStay (#375 Ripened Red),
- Revlon Super Lustrous Peal (#631 Luminous Pink),
- CoverGirl Continuous Color (#025 Warm Brick),
On the other hand, the following list contains some safer lipstick alternatives:
- Organic Infused Lip Love Lipstick,
- Rejuva Minerals Pur Lips Lipstick
- Bella Mari Pure Mineral Lipstick,
- Coastal Classic Creations Canyon Lipstick,
- W3ll People Extreme Lip Gloss,
- Isoi Bulgarian Rose Lip Treatment Balm,
- Maia’s Mineral Galaxy Lipstick.