How To Get Rid Of The Pain In The Back And Neck Permanently
There are many parts which can present to the episode of back pain including strained muscles, vertebrae, spinal stenosis, diseases, injuries, etc.
Also though it can be acute and last up to a period or more, normally the pain goes without any treatment. However, in some situations, the pain can become chronic and then there is a need for additional testing.
Everyone has experienced stiffness in their neck or shoulder at least one time. This is characterized by heaviness in the head, tiredness, and stiffness in the muscles and neck which normally causes pain.
Improper posture and taking heavy things can worsen your condition or even cause arthritis.
Tips for a Healthy Back
- In order to maintain a healthy back, it is really necessary to exercise regularly. The sedentary lifestyle can weaken the waist muscles and cause back pain.
- If your current mattress is older than 5 years, it is recommended to get a new one. It has been proven that mattresses can improve the quality of your life and eliminate your back pain.
- You should avoid sleeping on your stomach because it can be dangerous to your back and neck.
- Walk for 30 minutes every day. Also, you can try hiking which is considered as very beneficial for the back muscles.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects. They can intensify the pain and deform your spine.
- And if you must lift heavy things, make sure to bend your knees and crouch first. In this way, you will activate your thigh muscles and ease the lifting.
Back Pain Can Be Transmitted
Shoulders have a wider range of movements. There are many reasons which can cause pain in the shoulders including:
- Fractures bones in the hand
- Stiffly shoulders
- Unstable shoulder joints
Possible Causes of the Spread of Neck Pain
Neck pain can be either acute or chronic. It is considered that the most common cause which causes neck pain is stretching or damage to the structure of the neck region such as muscle, tendon or ligament.
Risk factors which can lead to stretching and cramping of the neck muscles:
- Lack of physical exercise
- Poor posture while sitting
- Poor posture while sleeping
- Long term sitting
How to Reduce Pain at Home
- You should put cold or hot compresses on the painful area. Make sure to repeat the procedure for around 2-3 hours. It has been medically confirmed that hot and cold compresses can effectively reduce the pain.
- Do activities for your back and neck every day. It will strengthen your neck and back muscles, and reduce the pain.
- Massage is a great way to relax your neck and back muscles and to reduce the pain.
- It is really necessary to change your pillow and the position you sleep in as well. It is recommended to use a feather pillow or a memory foam pillow which will adapt to the shape of your neck and head.
Avoid high and hard pillows and use a pillow which allows your neck to be positioned higher than your head. If you are traveling a large distance, make sure to use horseshoe cushion so you can provide good support for your head and neck.
- Kill stress! Maybe you will not believe it but stress is the major reason for stiffness and back pain. Perform relaxation exercises such as yoga and meditation.